In case of a claim contact our Motor Claims Department via Tel. no. (+356) 2557 9000. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
It is useful to have the following items handy in your car in the event of an accident:
What should I do in case of an accident?
• Stop and check if anyone is hurt. If need be, call an ambulance.
• If there is an injury or any public property is damaged, you must call the nearest police station immediately and report the accident.
• For any other type of traffic accident, except in the event of a front-to-rear collision, you must notify the traffic wardens on telephone number 21320202.
• In the case of a front-to-rear collision, you need not call the traffic wardens nor the police. Just complete a Front-to-Rear Accident Form which must be signed by both drivers involved in the accident.
• You may only move your car on instruction from the police or traffic wardens. In the case of a front-to-rear collision, upon arrangement with the other driver/s, you may move your car.
• Where there are any witnesses, try and obtain their contact details (name, address and telephone number).
• Never admit liability at the scene of the accident.
• Where possible, note any details of the accident and draw a sketch map of what happened. If you have a camera, take photos.
What should I do if I need to make a claim?
• You should do whatever you can to protect your car.
• In any event of a claim under your policy, you must notify us in writing as soon as possible. You may do so at our Head Office in Floriana, or at any one of our branches or any of our insurance intermediaries.
• Please remember that you are required to pay the agreed excess.
• You can have your car repaired at a repairer of your choice, subject to that the car will be surveyed by our appointed surveyor and an estimate of the costs will have to be approved by us before commencing the repairs.
• You should provide us, without delay, with a copy of every legal or judicial notification or any other communication you may receive relating to a claim.
• In the event of any theft or other criminal act that may give rise to a claim, you or any other person claiming indemnity under your policy must immediately file a report with the police.
• You or anyone insured under your policy must never admit anything or make any offer or promise about a claim, unless you have first obtained our written consent to do so.
As the claim proceeds kindly follow our recommendations to make the claims procedure as quick and simple as possible. Keep all receipts and copies of any letters linked to your claim.